Proper preparation is everything!
If you want to explore the Tyrolean mountain world on your own, make sure to prepare your tour in every little detail. Here’s a short checklist.
- Be well informed about the weather. Remember that mountain weather can sometimes change very quickly and adapt your plans to any changes, even at short notice. We will be happy to provide you with the necessary information.
- Remember to wear footwear that is both suitable and appropriate for the trail and season. This way, you’re guaranteed both optimal traction and ankle support as well as protection from the elements.
- Wear several layers of breathable clothing. We recommend choosing a base layer that will keep your warm or cold, an insulating mid layer, and a wind and waterproof external layer.
- Bring plenty of water or tea to keep your body hydrated.
- Small and lightweight snacks help you keep fit and avoid fatigue and weakness. Dried fruit, granola bars, and cheese or ham sandwiches are great energy boosters.
And if your sweetheart likes to take things slow?
Surprise them with moments of rest and relaxation in the spa area of our hotel in the Austrian Alps. While they are getting pampered, you can set out and explore the most beautiful mountain peaks of Berwang and environs.